Saturday, 18 May 2024

Man injured in garage explosion

LUCERNE – One man received second-degree burns and a second man escaped serious injury Monday night when a propane heater ignited gas fumes, causing an explosion in a garage.


Captain Dave Emmel of Northshore Fire Protection District said firefighters were dispatched to the scene of the explosion, which took place on Eighth Avenue, at 6:43 p.m.


Northshore Fire reported that two men were in the garage working on a car, when fuel from the gas line was ignited by a propane heater.


The result was an explosion which blew one of the men into the shut garage door. One of the men also received second-degree burns, said Robbins.


Four engines responded to the scene, said Emmel. “The fire was pretty much out when we got there.”


Emmel said firefighters stayed on scene to do some mopping up. They also ventilated smoke from the structure, which was left largely undamaged.


Neighbors a few blocks away reported hearing – and feeling – the explosion.


E-mail Elizabeth Larson at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..


{mos_sb_discuss:2}

Upcoming Calendar

18May
05.18.2024 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Farmers' Market at the Mercantile
18May
05.18.2024 10:00 am - 05.19.2024 4:00 pm
Buckingham Test and Tune
18May
05.18.2024 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Land Trust benefit
21May
05.21.2024 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Farmers' Market at Library Park
22May
05.22.2024 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Lake Leadership Forum
25May
05.25.2024 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Farmers' Market at the Mercantile
27May
05.27.2024
Memorial Day
28May
05.28.2024 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Farmers' Market at Library Park

Mini Calendar

loader

LCNews

Award winning journalism on the shores of Clear Lake. 

 

Newsletter

Enter your email here to make sure you get the daily headlines.

You'll receive one daily headline email and breaking news alerts.
No spam.