Wednesday, 01 February 2023

Early morning fire destroys Lakeport home

The Sixth Street home is a complete loss, according to fire officials. A car nearby also was damaged. Photo by Harold LaBonte.


LAKEPORT – Two people escaped a fire that completely destroyed their house Saturday morning.

Lakeport Fire Protection District Chief Ken Wells said the fire was reported at about 5:45 a.m. at a Sixth Street home.

Two people in the rented single-story home woke up to find it fully involved in fire, said Wells, and were able to escape.

Wells said 10 firefighters from Lakeport Fire, two from Kelseyville Fire Protection District and a total of three engines responded to the fire.

Firefighters were on scene until about 11:30 a.m., Wells said.

The cause of the fire, said Wells, is a cigarette. One of the home's residents had fallen asleep while smoking.

The home is a complete loss, Wells said.

E-mail Elizabeth Larson at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..


Upcoming Calendar

02.01.2023 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
East Region Town Hall
02.01.2023 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Clear Lake hitch listening session
02.02.2023 7:30 am - 8:30 am
Rotary Club of Middletown
02.02.2023 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Clearlake City Council
02.08.2023 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
100+ Women Strong in Lake County
02.09.2023 7:30 am - 8:30 am
Rotary Club of Middletown
02.11.2023 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Ladies of the Lake Quilt Guild

Mini Calendar



Responsible local journalism on the shores of Clear Lake.





Enter your email here to make sure you get the daily headlines.

You'll receive one daily headline email and breaking news alerts.
No spam.
Cookies! uses cookies for statistical information and to improve the site.