Wednesday, 17 April 2024

REGIONAL: Sauna thought to be source of Monday house fire

ANGWIN – A malfunctioning electrical device in a portable sauna machine is believed to have caused an early morning home fire in an unincorporated area of Napa County.

Napa County Fire Marshal Pete Muñoa reported that the fire was reported at 3:30 a.m. Monday at 445 Sky Oaks in Angwin.

Units and firefighters from Angwin and Pope Valley from the Napa County Fire Department and Cal Fire responded to the incident, which Muñoa said caused moderate damage to the second story family room.

He said smoke detectors were not installed in the home.

Three family members safely evacuated the residence while the tenant from the first floor used a garden hose to knock down the fire, Muñoa said.

The fire was reported extinguished at 4:14 a.m., but units remained at scene until 9 a.m. Muñoa said no injuries were reported.

He reported than an investigator from the Napa County Fire Marshal’s Office has been assigned to the incident.

Follow Lake County News on Twitter at and on Facebook at .

Upcoming Calendar

04.17.2024 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Free veterans dinner
04.18.2024 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Earth Day celebration
04.20.2024 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Earth Day Celebration
Calpine Geothermal Visitor Center
04.20.2024 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Boatique Wines Stand-up Comedy Night
04.25.2024 1:30 pm - 7:30 pm
FireScape Mendocino workshop
04.27.2024 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Northshore Ready Fest
04.27.2024 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Prescription Drug Take Back Day
04.27.2024 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Inaugural Team Trivia Challenge
Cinco de Mayo

Mini Calendar



Award winning journalism on the shores of Clear Lake. 



Enter your email here to make sure you get the daily headlines.

You'll receive one daily headline email and breaking news alerts.
No spam.